Volunteering allows youth to meet people from different backgrounds. Exposing youth to new environments and experiences helps open their eyes to issues that may be occurring within their community.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Earn community service hours
- Take action and make a difference by directly addressing important community needs
- Increase competitiveness for scholarships and college acceptance
- Develop teamwork, leadership, flexibility and other important job skills
Why Focus on Youth?
The youth in our community are future leaders! YVC realizes how important it is to engage youth in service to their community at a young age. Volunteering also allows youth to meet people who come from different backgrounds. Exposing youth to new environments and people helps open their eyes to issues that may be occurring within their community. We strongly believe that youth have the capability of making a difference right here, right now in Kansas City!
Our Fundamental Goals
- To engage youth in service projects that are challenging, rewarding and educational.
- To serve the unmet needs of the community and its residents.
- To promote among youth a greater understanding & appreciation for the diversity of their community.
- To promote a lifetime ethic of service among youth.