Thank you for your interest in serving with Youth Volunteer Corps at Clement Waters this summer! We are excited to have you! Before you complete your registration, we want to communicate a few more details with you about this unique service opportunity.
- Outdoors: Clement Waters is a completely outdoor project. Youth will be involved in building an off-grid home, but no shelter is currently constructed onsite. YVC will provide a secure pop-up tent with walls and a roof top for shade and inclement weather coverage. However, youth will not have access to AC or electrical outlets. With this in mind, it is highly encouraged that youth volunteers come prepared with sunscreen, bug spray, closed-toe shoes, and any other necessary items to keep them comfortable for the entire day (hat, sunglasses, battery powered fan, etc.) It is likely that youth volunteers will encounter a variety of insects in the Clement Waters Forest.
- Restrooms: Clement Waters is not equipped with running water. Youth participating on this project will have access to an outhouse with a composting toilet. Hand sanitize and bottled watered will be provided to cleanse hands.
- Lunch/Water: Youth volunteers should bring a sack lunch that does not require refrigeration. Youth are encouraged to bring a personal water bottle. However, additional water bottles will be available for refill.
- Emergency: All summer team leaders will be provided emergency training, first aid kits and emergency contact information during the project with additional materials for any accidents that occur on site.
- Snacks: Team leaders will have snacks and water bottles on site for this project. Again, we encourage ALL youth to bring a sack lunch that does not require refrigeration.